Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Mom's Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bar....and my Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Bars

When I was little my mom always made these yummy little treats when we were going to a party. I recently found the recipe and made them again, and then got the idea to flip them for my chocolate loving friends.

Nonny's Bars                                                             
1 box yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 c water
1/4 c softened butter
1 c crunchy peanut butter
1 bag chocolate chips

Heat oven to 375 degrees.

Heavily grease a 13X9" baking pan.

Beat eggs, water, butter and peanut butter to blend. Add the cake mix, 1/2 a box at a time. Stir until mixed well and fold in chocolate chips.

Bake 20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.

FLIP IT!
Substitute chocolate cake for the yellow, and peanut butter chips for the chocolate.

No comments: