Search This Blog

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Top Ten Recipes of 2011


2011 was an eventful year for this girl, both good and bad. I was honored to be named Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution Blog of the Month in May, and was invited to cook at the Aetna Healthy Food Fight Semi-Finals round State Fair. I was also deeply saddened to lose my mom, who was the foundation of my healthy eating habits and my motivator in starting this blog. At the start of this fresh New Year, I want to thank all of my faithful and supportive readers who support me with your interest in my food obsession.

Here are the recipes that received the most reads in 2011:

10. Pizza Chicken  Not to be confused with Chicken Pizza, this is a low-carb entree with the flavor of pizza without the crust!
9.   Low-Fat Alfredo Sauce A great substitute for dishes that use Alfredo or cream sauce without all the fat and calories!
8.   Healthy Cheesy Potato Fakeout Tastes just like the hash brown casserole you love, with CAULIFLOWER instead of the taters to save your waist ...a little!
7.   Sesame Chicken Make some take-out style food at home-cut the sodium, fat and calories!
6.   Mom's Signature Grilled Chicken So simple I almost didn't post it, but our family's go-to method used for salads, pasta, or just a light dinner.
5.   Broccoli and Cheese Potato Skins Baking these guys helps keep them lower in fat and calories than their fried counter parts!
4.   Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting Because everyone needs a treat, why not enjoy one with the health benefits of a lil pumpkin!  
3.   Pecan Crusted Tilapia Fish my kids devour, mild white with a sweet, crispy coating-just writing this makes me want some!
2.   Buffalo Chicken (or turkey) Meatloaf- prepared in the Aetna Healthy Food Fight Semi-Final Round at the Texas State Fair!

And the NUMBER ONE most popular recipe of 2011... possibly due to Tracy Foley making it so often for her Foley Five...



1.   Baked Coconut Chicken Tenders Sweet and crispy, this are a DELICIOUS substitution for those frozen nuggets that your family will adore.

No comments: