Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Best Meatloaf I Have Ever Had (thanks to Tracy Cournoyer-Palana)


This is a recipe from a friend that I met by our love for food, facebook, and Tracy Foley. While I have never actually met her in person, she's on my list of people who I want to eat dinner with, because everytime she mentions what shes making for dinner, my mouth waters!

2 lbs ground chuck (or turkey, or veal/pork/beef mix)
2 eggs
1/4- 1/2 c low sodium soy sauce
1 TBSP parsley
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 TBSP mustard
1 c Italian breadcrumbs or stale bread, small cubes + 1 TBSP italian seasoning
1 medium onion, finely chopped
salt and pepper
Heinz Chili Sauce (optional)
2 c (16 oz) grated mozzarella cheese

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix ground beef and eggs. Add bread. Add dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients. Add onion.

Put 1/2 of the meat mixture in a loaf pan. Add the mozzarella to the center of the loaf, and the rest of the meat on top. Use a rubber spatula to push the meat down on the sides to seal the meatloaf and keep the cheese in. Top with chili sauce to taste.

Bake for 1 hour.

No comments: