Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sometimes we just eat pancakes for dinner....

Every once in a while when I am too tired to make something fancy, or just when I want to make something I know the kids will eat, we do a big batch of pancakes for dinner. These are supereasy, and come out fluffy and delicious!

Make up 1 batch of your favorite pancake batter from baking mix or pre-made pancake mix. I like Pioneer Brand buttermilk biscuit and baking mix (2 c. mix, 2 eggs, 1.5 cups milk).

In a food processor or mini chopper, coarsely chop up 1c. oats.

Mix oatmeal powder and 1 6oz container of flavored yogurt (strawberry and blueberry are my favorites) into the pancake batter.  Pour 1/4c scoops onto a hot griddle or electric skillet heated to medium. Once bubbles form, flip the pancakes.

WHY IS THIS GOOD FOR YOU?
* The yogurt keeps the pancakes moist without adding fat
* Oats are a healthy source of fiber and said to be healthy for your heart

No comments: