Search This Blog

Friday, March 4, 2011

Black Bean Salad

2 c black beans
1 c pinto beans
1 c corn ( fresh, canned or frozen )
1/4 c red onion, thin sliced and chopped
1/4 c green onion, thin sliced
1 clove garlic, grated
1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
1 TBSP red wine vinegar
1 lime, zest and juice
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp coriander
1/4 tsp chili powder
pinch celery salt, to taste

Drain and rinse beans. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.

Let stand at least 1 hour before serving, even better overnight.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I AM so MAKING THIS!

Anonymous said...

hey girl.
It's not letting me comment, I'm not sure why. I'm trying again. Anywhoooo do you cook the beans first? It's a stupid question... but I thought I'd ask.

Unknown said...

Silly girl- no stupid questions!

I made it as a cold salad. I either use rinsed canned beans, or if I am making some black bean soup I will use dry beans, soak and cook them in the pressure cooker, and set some aside for this salad :)